By Boris Nemtsov, Russian politician
Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
Project “Novorossiya” is [finally] closed. Putin ordered to return 17.6 thousand troops to their places of permanent deployment. They can now take a break and draw some conclusions. They [the conclusions], are terrible. Neither one of the goals set by Putin has been realized:
- [He] wanted to bind Ukraine to Russia, in order to achieve Ukraine’s entry into the [Eurasian] Customs Union. [He] got exactly the opposite, Ukraine has chosen the European vector and will never come back into the orbit of Putin’s influence.
- [He] wanted to achieve the neutrality of Ukraine and to preserve its non-aligned status. A total failure. It is now clear that Ukraine is firmly and permanently associated with NATO. Joint military NATO–Ukraine exercises take place, [Ukraine] works on establishing military–technical cooperation with the Alliance.
- [He] wanted the respect of the Ukrainian people. [He] got an enemy for many years and Putin–Khuylo.
- [He] wanted “Novorossiya” from Donetsk to Odesa. [He] got a smaller part of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- [He] wanted a corridor to Crimea through Mariupol. He got resistance [in response] and trenches that the Russian people in Mariupol [have] dug to not let the occupier in.
- [He] wanted [Donetsk and Luhansk to be like] Crimea, without firing a single shot; instead, he got 4,000 killed on both sides.
- [He] wanted the Russian economy not to suffer. [He] got a flight of capital of over 100 billion dollars, 40 rubles per dollar (devaluation of more than 20%) and double-digit food inflation. As well as a complete stagnation in the economy without investments and innovation.
- [He] wanted support from the imperialists and nationalists (like Girkin and Sputnik and Pogrom)–[he] got extreme irritation from them and the title of traitor.
- [He] wanted to remain recognized in world politics. [He] became an outcast. He got expelled from the G8, no one invites him anywhere, all the bratva are under sanctions, no one but Luka [President of Belarus Lukashenko] and Nazarbayev [President of Kazakhstan] want to associate with him. And even they support the integrity of Ukraine and demand money. Aleksandr Grigoryevich [Lukashenko] particularly excelled at it–[he] received 3.5 billion dollars a year from the Russian budget and meanwhile said that Mongolia and Kazakhstan should divide Russia between themselves.
- The only thing he wanted and got, was [his] high rating [in Russia], based on an imperial hysteria and the cynical lies of agitprop [propaganda]. But not for long. Soon, people will realize that the prices have risen, but their income has not. [He] won’t be able to keep blaming everything on Obama for long.
That’s how he beat everyone… First and foremost, Russia.
Source: Boris Nemtsov FB