Dmitry Tymchuk, Coordinator, Information Resistance
Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
Brothers and sisters!
Here’s the Summary for July 21, 2014 (for previous summary, please see Summary for July 18).
The bad news:
1. In the case of the downed Boeing, Moscow and its domesticated little fighters continue to behave like petty pickpockets, caught by their hand and delivered to the police department. Resourcefulness, deceit and villainy are the Kremlin’s business card.
Putin is hysterically calling for an “international investigation,” and at this time the terrorists managed by him won’t let the international experts onto the scene [of the accident], interfering with their work in every possible way, stealing the evidence, and they are not inclined to give over the “black boxes” – not until the specialists from the Russian intelligence services do their magic over them. [Editor’s update: since this was written the terrorists have agreed to hand the black boxes over to the Malaysian authorities].
Simultaneously, the Russian Defense Ministry keeps making up its usual nonsense. Supposedly, the Boeing was being chased by a Ukrainian fighter jet, but at the same time on the ground (on the territory controlled by insurgents) there was not even an empty spot for an apple to fall [to avoid] the Ukrainian Buk missile systems. And so the goddamn Ukrainian military destroyed the passenger plane, they fired volleys from the ground and finished off the plane in the air. Why they needed [to do so] remains a great mystery.
If Russia had just said that it had not handed over the SAM [surface-to-air missile] to the terrorists, one could argue it. But the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces announced, “we did not pass on the SAM Buk nor other weapons and military equipment.” But here, everything is clear, taking into account the fact that Donbas is stuffed to the eyeballs with weapons that came from Russia.
… I’m confident that if Moscow had not lied so famously and explicitly, maybe someone in an African savannah or a Papuan village in New Guinea would believe in her [Moscow’s] innocence. But Putin is doing everything possible and impossible so that no one is left in doubt about who exactly killed 300 civilians in the sky over Donbas.
2. An increasing number of countries connect the attack in the Donbas skies with Russia and [its] insurgents. Let’s hope that Kyiv’s appeal will be heard in the world, and that the DNR and LNR [Donetsk- and Luhansk People’s Republics] are recognized as terrorist organizations far beyond our country’s borders, and Russia as a sponsor of terrorism (although it is in fact a terrorist country).
The bad news is that this insight was given to the world at the price of so many innocent victims…
3. Under unrelenting pressure from the ATO forces, terrorists stop at nothing just to keep up the initiative. Civilian casualties don’t confuse them at all–on the contrary, it is the [civilian] population that becomes a hostage of this agony.
Today, the Russian media broadcast a statement by insurgent “commander” Girkin-Strelkov: “In Dzerzhynsk, the battle continues. The city center is destroyed by volleys of Grads and Uragans, there are continuous fires there (it seems that Tymchuk is already writing about how ‘the city is being shelled by terrorists’).”
But Girkin guessed it wrong: I did not have to write anything. A video surfaced online, in which Girkin’s own little fighters were shelling a peaceful town on the territory under their control with Grads–although it’s not Dzerzhynsk with a population of 87,000 but Donetsk with its million inhabitants.
An uneasy conscience betrays itself. But this doesn’t make it any easier on civilians.
The good news:
1. Dzerzhynsk, Rubizhne, Soledar [Donetsk Oblast]… The number of settlements freed from insurgents is growing inexorably every day. Little terrorist leaders only have enough time to jump out the windows of their “headquarters” to get away before our advancing army.
In fact, every square kilometer of the liberated territory is very hard to get back for the ATO forces–there are just too many weapons and mercenaries thrown into Donbas by Russia. However, a strategic picture began to emerge, in the area of the ATO’s actions, that is clearly in our favor.
It [the strategic picture] has three weak links. These are Luhansk and Donetsk (as large locales where the combat is extremely difficult), and the situation along the state border of Donetsk Oblast remains extremely difficult, in the area of operations by our groups.
But we are advancing, clearing our land from the Russian and pro-Russian filth. And this is the most important [fact].
2. Moscow can already feel the effects of its policies on her own skin. The Russian stock market keeps falling for the sixth consecutive day. Russian stocks continue to depreciate, and investors continue to withdraw money from Russia. Shares of Gazprom fell today by 2.4%.
Bloomberg analysts noted that the risk of default becomes real for the Russian Federation in case of the introduction of a third round of sanctions against Moscow.
We can promise that we will definitely not cry about it.
3. In Donbas, soldiers from the Aidar Battalion caught Tamerlan Enaldiev, one of the Deputy Defense Ministers of South Ossetia, chopped off earlier from Georgia.
It’s pretty obvious that Enaldiev began to state that he had ended up in Ukraine by chance, that he had not participated in any hostilities, nor had he commanded the mercenaries, and that an automatic machine gun ended up in his hands by error (an unknown passer-by shoved it there), I swear on my mother.
These captured personnel are clear evidence that Putin gathers mercenaries from all corners of his rotten unfinished empire. A mercenary from the Caucasus that keeps drowning Ukraine in blood–here is the image of the Russian world, cherished by Moscow. Every reasonable person must see and understand this image [for what it truly is].
Source: Dmitry Tymchuk FB
Pingback: Dmitry Tymchuk’s Military Blog: Summary – July 21, 2014 - Israel Foreign Affairs News
Thank you for your perception and comments. I value them highly in this time of rampant misinformation.
Dymitry, Keep putting the pressure on Russia to give up this insane campaign against Ukraine. Now that they have all been revealed as the creators of this despicable chaos and destruction it will be difficult for them to wiggle away from the hangman’s noose that is slowly choking their throats. Finish them off once and for all and begin to live free of the oppression, corruption, and obvious insanity that makes them somehow feel strong together.
Pingback: Summary for July 21, 2014 | www.ukraine-europe.org.ua
Pingback: Dmitry Tymchuk’s Military Blog: Summary – July 22, 2014 | Voices of Ukraine
Pingback: Dmitry Tymchuk’s Military Blog: Summary – July 22, 2014 | EUROMAIDAN PRESS | News and Opinion from Across Ukraine
Pingback: Dmitry Tymchuk’s Military Blog: Summary – July 21, 2014 | EUROMAIDAN PRESS | News and Opinion from Across Ukraine