By Ruslan Danilyuk.
Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine.
Everyone remembers the photograph of a seemingly very young soldier of the Square which was at the center of the painful events of February 18th . Most international agencies published this file. And after the events I repeatedly mentioned this guy. Who is he? How has his fate unfolded? Is he still intact? I asked many in the Square, showing them his photo. Nobody could tell me anything about him. Yesterday, by chance, I was able to see him near the Verkhovna Rada!
- Hey! You’re the same guy who fought on Instytutskiy Street?
- Yes, it’s me. Why? – He asked me, wary.
- Nothing, just very happy to see you. Really liked your shot on the Internet. What is your name?
- And where are you from?
- From the Square.
- Well, this I understood. But where from by birth?
- From Kiev region.
- From the region?
- And what’s it to you? I said already, from the region, take that.
- Well, ok, if you do not want to – don’t tell.
Next, little by little, I still managed to converse with the little hero – and where he’s from, and that he is an orphan, and where, during all this turbulent time he continues to live on Maidan, and what he does. But, let this nonetheless remain our little mystery. For now, Romchyk. See you.
Source: Ruslan Danilyuk FB
Subsequent post on Roma from Maidan, “You sit here while I stand on Maidan, so don’t bother me”