By Wings Phoenix
Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
Images Sources: 1, 2
I wanted to put off this post until tomorrow, but I was so churned up inside. I was in torment the whole evening, I could not bring myself to write about people’s suffering. About a calamity.
Everyone knows that on Sunday night in Crimea they killed one of our officers [Major Stanislav V. Karachevskyy]. And about the wife and two children. To be honest, I read it, winced and then carried on doing my business, I tried not to think about it too much. That was my emotional defence. Not to think about the wife or children. About the terrible happenings in Crimea now.
But today I got the message to help. This is not about self defence, I have to help.
I talked with a girl who was helping the family. I spoke with an officer from the unit. I talked with his sister. Silent and sad voices, without emotion, they were depressed voices. I talked for a long time. About a lot of things.
Friends. They need help. In a lot of different ways. Not just money.
1) They have not given Stas’ body. I don’t know how subhuman this scum can be in this situation, these animals are drunk on their temporary omnipotence. But they haven’t released the body. And we cannot do anything about it. There is hope that they will give it back tomorrow.
2) There may be problems with frontier guards, the Berkut or someone is there with them. After they “shook up” some students from Sebastopol for three hours I am not surprised. Does someone know how to organize (for money or however) a “green” corridor on the way?
3) They are bringing him to Berdyansk and will bury him there. The family needs help. The sister of course tried to say that they can manage themselves… but we all know everything, right? And we can help them. Card details 5167987201010671 (Private), Каtеrina Vladimirovna Karachevskaya (Porfilova). I transferred 5000 hryvnas from our fund, I hope I’ll be forgiven my “improper” payment.
4) Besides money there is a hitch with the funeral. The family is asking for a place for him in the cemetery. There is a place next to his father, but they are asking to look at the possibility of burying him in the path of heroes. I am not completely sure of the right term for the cemetery of the city of Berdyansk, forgive me if I have gotten something wrong. The City Military Commissioner will write a letter to the Mayor. He will write a request. They did not ask for any bribes, they said they would ask, but they are not promising anything. Is there anyone in Bredyansk who can try to help? I shall try to talk to be people in Kyiv. Can this issue be decided on a local level?
5) The widow and children will be 10-14 days in Berdyansk, then she will go to Nikolaev. On Saturday I will be meeting with the heads of the 10th Sakski Naval Aviation Brigade, they will take care of Olha and her children as best they can. And with our help.
It’s a small world. I was planning to meet with Lieutenant Chernenko who saved our naval aviation from the “green men.” Now there are several reasons to meet. Pity.