Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
● The EU and Ukraine signed the economic part of the Association Agreement in Brussels.
● The official dollar rate fell by 7 kopecks to 11.82 Hryvnias/USD. The euro exchange rate is 16.09 Hryvnias/€.
● The Prosecutor General’s Office placed the former Deputy Prosecutor General Renat Kuzmin on the international wanted list.
● [Vitaly] Klitschko officially became the Head of the KSCA [Kyiv State City Administration].
● Klitschko presented his reform plan for Kyiv.
● Kyiv’s budget is empty, Klitschko announced during his inaugural as the KSCA Head.
● Klitschko wants to free the roadway on Khreschatyk from Maidan tents and open it for traffic.
Theater of war:
● President Poroshenko decided to postpone the active part of the anti-terrorist operation [ATO] for three days until 10 pm EEST on June 30.
● In Donetsk, the second round of negotiations on a settlement of the situation in Donbas with former President Leonid Kuchma as President Poroshenko”s representative, Nestor Shufrych, a member of the Party of Regions faction, representatives of the Russian Embassy in Ukraine, representatives of the OSCE, and the pro-Russian politician Viktor Medvedchuk, took place.
● As a result of combat for the military unit in Artemivsk [Donetsk Oblast], the security forces seized a tank belonging to the Russian army from the rebels.
● In Donbas, insurgents continue to attack the positions of the Ukrainian military.
● The Russian Foreign Ministry has notified Ukrainian authorities unilaterally to provide “humanitarian assistance” to the eastern regions of Ukraine.
● In Donetsk, the broadcasting of Ukrainian channels has completely stopped.
In the world:
● The economic part of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine will not take effect immediately after the signing, which took place on Friday, June 27 at the EU summit, but only after the negotiations between the European Commission, Ukraine, and Russia.
● The international rating agency, Moody’s, confirmed Russia’s sovereign credit rating at Baa1, thus lowering its forecast from “stable” to “negative.”
● The U.S. and the EU are expecting immediate and positive actions from the Russian authorities to stabilize the situation in eastern Ukraine until June 30.
● The condition for the continuation of gas talks with Ukraine should be [their] full repayment of debts, announced Gazprom CEO [Alexey] Miller at a briefing.
● The U.S. Department of State does not consider the UN data on 110 thousand refugees from Ukraine to Russia reliable, said the official speaker of the State Department Marie Harf.
● In Russia, the start of the newest carrier-rocket “Angara” has been cancelled due to technical reasons.
● In Brazil all 16 teams competing in the playoffs for the title of world soccer champion, have been determined.