To the Peoples and Governments of the World. EuroMaidan Solidarity Committee
Moscow, February 19, 2014
The peaceful demonstration of the people who walked to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine demanding that the Rada consider the return of the 2004 Ukrainian Constitution has been shot down by the order of Victor Yanukovych on February 18, 2014, in Kyiv, Ukraine.
After the groundless armed attack by the Berkut riot police more than 18 persons have died, hundreds are wounded, they cannot get medical assistance. Many EuroMaidan activists had been kidnapped and suffered humiliations, tortures and killings prior to this day. This minute riot police and security forces are storming EuroMaidan, the place of Ukrainian citizens peaceful protest.
The EuroMaidan Solidarity Committee calls international community to:
- make all possible steps to instantly cease bloodshed in Kyiv;
- condemn the crimes against humanity, committed by the Yanukovych regime;
- establish an International court for investigation of the crimes of the Yanukovych regime against the people of Ukraine;
- sieze the accounts of Yanukovych and the people close to him in the banks all over the world;
- open criminal cases against Yanukovych and his henchmen, put their names on the Interpol list.
The Euromaidan Solidarity Committee calls to investigate actions of Russian Federation (RF) officials and the military personnel, including the highest RF officials who took part in preparations and perpetration of crimes against the people of Ukraine, who encouraged violent suppression of democratic movement in Ukraine, and to introduce economic and political sanctions against them.
Killing of peaceful citizens of Ukraine must be immediately stopped. No matter what positions they hold, the thugs, guilty of crimes against the Ukrainian citizens, have to be punished accordingly.
Members of the Euromaidan Solidarity Committee: Signatures