Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
● Dzerzhinsky district court judge Lozyuk has sentenced activists of Kharkiv Euromaidan to 50 hours of community service for singing the hit song of the Ukrainian revolution “Putin Khuylo” on Independence Square.
● The Ukrainian government has decided to make Ukrzaliznytsia [Ukrainian Railways] a Joint-Stock Company.
● Poroshenko wants to hold elections to the Verkhovna Rada [Ukrainan Parliament] and local councils after his proposed revision of the Constitution comes into power.
● The official dollar rate rose slightly more than 1 kopeck to the rate of 11.89 Hryvnias/USD.
● The salary backlog in Ukraine has reached nearly 1 billion Hryvnias [USD $84.54 million].
● An attempt by the activists of SNA [Social-National Assembly] to disrupt a Congress of the Trade Union of Education and Science of Ukraine in Kyiv ended in some damage to the property of the Hotel “Tourist.”
Theater of war:
● Terrorists from DNR and LNR [Donetsk- and Luhansk People’s Republics] merged into the “Union of People’s Republics.” The so-called “parliament” of the new entity is headed by former MP Tsariov.
● Four observers of the OSCE Mission, held hostage by the DNR terrorists since the end of May, have been released.
● After a long combat in downtown Donetsk, insurgents seized a convoy that belonged to the internal troops.
● The Metropolitan Filaret of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kyivan Patriarchate announced the attempts the Moscow Patriarchate took to seize its cathedrals.
● In Crimea, occupying authorities hampered celebrations of the anniversary of the flag of the Crimean Tatar Peoples in every way possible.
● During attacks on checkpoints in Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, terrorists killed and wounded several Ukrainian servicemen.
● During the attack of insurgents on the convoys of Ukrainian servicemen in Yampol (northern part of Donetsk Oblast) and Dyakovo (Luhansk Oblast), there were no casualties among security forces.
● Donbas police works closely with DNR and LNR terrorists.
In the world:
● In Russia, officials want to limit the operation of PayPal and WebMoney.
● Google Inc. introduced a new version of its mobile operating system Android, which will now receive features for fitness, automobiles, wearable devices (watches, sunglasses, pens, etc.)
● The U.S. government is fully prepared to introduce a new round of sanctions towards the Russian economy, said Deputy Press Secretary Marie Harf.
● The U.S. has created an additional group of airborne troops to protect its diplomatic missions.
● The group stage of the World Cup in Brazil has been concluded.
● Turkish Prime Minister [Recep Tayyip] Erdogan will run for President in the upcoming elections.