Translated and edited by Voices of Ukraine
● Medvedchuk came out as an accomplice of the terrorists from the DNR and LNR [Donetsk- and Luhansk People’s Republics] at the talks in Donetsk with participation by representatives of Russia and the OSCE.
● The National Bank of Ukraine [NBU] lowered the Hryvnia rate on June 24 by 1.4 kopecks to 11.89 UAH/$.
● The NBU payment system resumed its work in the eastern Oblasts [regions].
● A Ukrainian high-speed train, produced by Kriukov Car Building Works, started its run between Kyiv and Lviv.
● The court returned Kyiv Guest Yard to the territorial community.
Theater of war:
● Poroshenko doesn’t exclude early termination of the ceasefire.
● A Ukrainian helicopter was shot down by MANPADS near Sloviansk. All nine people on board were killed.
● Around Sloviansk, terrorists resumed attacks on Ukrainian military checkpoints.
● The UN confirms a growth in the number of internally displaced persons [IDP’s]from eastern Ukraine, whose number exceeded 46,000 people.
● In Crimea, Russian security services raided the territory of the Islamic school (madrassa) near Simferopol.
● Ukrainian Foreign Ministry declares that the peace process in eastern Ukraine is undermined by Russian insurgents.
● The LNR and DNR decided to create a Union of People’s Republics.
● In Crimea, the occupation authorities decided to remove all road signs in Ukrainian and English.
In the world:
● Russia will protect the rights of the Russian-speaking population in Ukraine, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced during a meeting with Austrian President Heinz Fischer.
● The U.S. State Department issued a statement on its website, which claims that Russia supports insurgents in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts of Ukraine with heavy machinery.
● Thorbjørn Jagland has been re-elected as the Secretary General of the Council of Europe.
● The Czech Republic simplified work visas for foreigners.
● The Council of the European Union has made Albania eligible for membership in the organization.
● As part of Putin’s visit to Austria, Gazprom and OMV, Austrian oil and gas company, signed a Shareholder’s Agreement for South Stream.
● The French High Court allowed medical euthanasia.