National security and Defense Council Secretary Andrey Parubiy said that Ukrainian troops repulsed a night attack on a military unit in the Crimea. According to Parubiy, Russian soldiers tried to attack the military unit 3009 in Crimea, where the internal troops of Ukraine were stationed. The head of the NATIONAL SECURITY and DEFENSE COUNCIL said that among the attackers were those wearing Russian paratrooper and military uniforms. “In the night there was an attack on 3009 in Crimea, where units of the internal troops are stationed. Among the attackers were those disguised as servicemen, was the so-called “self-defense,” and, as we know, disguised as Russian troops,” he said at a news conference Tuesday in Kyiv. Parubiy said that Ukrainian soldiers repulsed the attack without the use of weapons and drove the attackers from the territory of the Ukrainian military unit.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Follow Voices of Ukraine on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Monster has to go NOW
- DMITRY TYMCHUK: One more update on the situation in Mariupol
- Dmitry Tymchuk’s Military Blog: Summary – May 19, 2014
- TURKEY: under Ottoman Empire treaty with Catherine the Great if Crimea declares independence it returns to Turkey
- Ukrainian Revolution has won. Kremlin has lost. Olympic Games will close to the sound of funeral music.
- Riots in Downtown Kyiv (Feb.18) - 24 Hour Update
- Minister Vitaly Zakharchenko and Prosecutor General Viktor Pshonka are covering for killers